People come to Salesforce from different fields. For some, becoming a Salesforce Admin is the first entry step into the IT job market. Others, those who already have certain knowledge and experience with coding and app development, usually choose to become Salesforce Developers.
However, no matter what your professional and academic background may be, there is one common feature for all Salesforce career that, in many ways, determines whether you are going to be successful and enjoy all the benefits you hoped for or may even get disappointed and start looking for other career options.
We are talking about the so-called Learner’s Mindset. The thing is that by becoming a Salesforce professional, you should be ready for the fact that your training never really stops. From now on, you will constantly study, learn from the experience of your colleagues, and attend online and in-class seminars, not to mention the necessity to obtain and maintain your Salesforce Certification.
In this article, we shall talk about how you can develop the Learner’s Mindset successfully to actually enjoy the process, discover training opportunities offered by Salesforce worldwide and get the most out of them for your steady and successful career growth in Salesforce.
What is a Learner’s Mindset, and why develop it?
A learner’s Mindset is a certain attitude. This attitude allows you to stay open-minded and acknowledge the fact that despite all your academic degrees, work, and life experience, there is still a lot to learn, even from people who seem to be less equipped than you are at the moment.
Everyone knows that Salesforce is famous for its unique professional ecosystem, a tight-knit community that is aimed at constant communication between Salesforce professionals to encourage them to promote each other, share their knowledge and experience and look for mentorship, advice, and support from like-minded people worldwide.
In other words, Salesforce is based on Learner’s Mindset, and therefore it is an essential feature for a successful career in the field.
How to develop Learner’s Mindset in Salesforce?
Some people are actually lucky enough to have an in-born Learner’s Mindset. You definitely have friends or relatives who are constantly attending some courses, finding new hobbies, and want to excel in them.
Unfortunately, less-than-perfect school systems worldwide managed to reduce this enthusiasm to a minimum in most of us. You were definitely happy that there would be no more tests and exams when you graduated, right?
And it is normal. Most of us really have to “learn to learn” in adulthood. And this is how you do it:
- Honest self-assessment – analyze your current knowledge and skills honestly, determine your goals and steps you need to take to achieve them;
- Mind the gaps – see where you may miss some knowledge and hands-on experience, the gaps between your current qualification and the level you need to achieve;
- Research – look for opportunities to close those gaps. Online Salesforce training courses and seminars, Salesforce institutes, and webinars that will help you keep up;
- Make a plan – it is always easier to achieve a goal when you have a plan and timeframe. Planning will also help you choose between intense online Salesforce boot camps, comprehensive training programs, and self-toured courses;
- Stay in your comfort zone – don’t pressurize yourself. Try to find a pace and Salesforce training plan that will allow you to combine your career with studies and correlate with your ambitions and perspectives.
Following these steps, you will turn to learn from a stressful obligation into a habitual routine, an integral part of your career growth. Now let’s see how to preserve the Learner’s Mindset and get the most out of it:
- Don’t be afraid to try something new and take every opportunity to expose yourself to new tasks;
- Share your goals and achievements. You may do it on social media, during lunch breaks with colleagues, or even at family dinners. The goal is to announce your goals and determination out loud to make them most tangible;
- Look for a community of like-minded professionals. Salesforce is particularly famous for encouraging this kind of communication between professionals worldwide;
- Stay proactive. There are no stupid questions or initiatives. Don’t just go with the flow. Create it yourself.
Mentorship and support in Salesforce.
Talking about Learner’s Mindset in Salesforce, most people remember Trailhead – an online salesforce training platform that has shaped one of the most famous communities of Salesforce professionals from all over the world. Along with resources like Simplilearn and ONLC, Trailhead is also a place for professional Salesforce Admins and Salesforce Developers to discover new updates and opportunities, share their experience, and prepare and maintain Salesforce Certifications.
Those who are looking for comprehensive Salesforce training with mentorship from world-leading experts and a job-oriented curriculum should pay attention to CRS Info Solutions. One of the pioneers of Salesforce training, it has developed a unique program for Salesforce Admins and Salesforce Developers based on the latest updates and most relevant trends. With real-life practical assignments from real businesses and organizations, you will build a professional portfolio and get sufficient hands-on experience. And the unique Q&A sessions and the opportunity to communicate with fellow aspirants and mentors, you can prepare for your Salesforce Certification exam and Salesforce job interview to achieve your professional goals.
Still, trying to determine if you are ready for a commitment to a Salesforce training institute? Check out online lessons from LinkedIn, Coursera, or Udemy – the famous online training hubs that provide video lessons and online seminars from Salesforce experts of different fields and backgrounds.
Those who keep their eyes on the prize and feel confident with their skills but need a structure in their Salesforce certification exam preparations will get the most out of Mind Majix, Intellipaat, and Janbask – platforms made for seasoned professionals and corporate groups who are looking for the most focused training on a tight schedule.
A Career in Salesforce may seem like never-ending learning and testing, certification, and communication. But at the same time, it is exactly what makes your perspectives in the field practically endless, helps you discover new horizons, and builds the career of your dreams.
Developing Learner’s Mindset, you invest in yourself and your future, fund the Salesforce training options that fit your goals most, and put you on the cutting edge of the dynamic and perspective Salesforce job market.