Many new cat parents look forward to raising a sweet and friendly cat; however, like human babies, young kittens have different temperaments. A proud owner of a baby cat should take pride when they successfully train their furball to delight in human contact, help it grow into a confident individual, and ensure it blends well in social scenarios.
At the same time, a cat parent shouldn’t ignore the importance of having a medical financial backup for their fur baby. Pet insurance for cats can give a munchkin a new lease on life in dire health situations and emergencies with only a little financial stress. This is one reason why it’s recommended that a cat owner contemplates purchasing cheap pet insurance in the least.
They can explore affordable policies that cover basic health benefits or comparatively costly policies that provide comprehensive medical coverage and sign up for the one that best suits their furry pet’s health needs and their budget. Meanwhile, cat owners can find here a few tips to raise a kitten, so it grows into a well-behaved cat with a strong character.
- Don’t treat your kitten like an adult already. Baby cats spend the first two months with the mother cats and the litter; when that isn’t possible, you must bottle feed it; , and brace it closely onto your chest, so the young one sleeps peacefully. This round-the-clock care can help build sustaining bonds and trust that can last a lifetime.
- It is best to keep your furry precious away from other pets and older cats because the young one can be highly susceptible to infections and diseases. This is because the immune system takes time to gain strength, and the kitty’s body might not be ready to accept vaccinations yet.
- Be gentle to your baby cat, so it reflects the same behavior while interacting with other animals and humans. Talk in a soft tone, refer to it by a sweet name, and call the name often, so it gets used to the sound and your voice and responds to your call.
- You should keep it close, cuddle, and show love and warmth often. Now, you don’t want to give your kitten a reason to miss its mother and furry family, do you?
- Grooming should be an essential aspect of cat care that needs to be practised right from the younger days. This way, your kitten gets used to the brushing routine and learns to stay neat and clean.
- Personal engagement during playtime is crucial. Engage the entire household and your baby cat in brief playtime face-to-face, hand-to-paw, and paw-to-paw to help it associate with others in a friendly way. This small tactic can take your baby cat a long way in making positive associations with humans and animals with little fear.
- Add a lot of vertical space, cat hangouts, and elevated zones that your young kitty can use as it grows old. Provide plenty of toys, treats, verbal praises, and affectionate gestures to win your furball’s heart in little time.
Focusing on nutrition, preventive care, and curative care helps immensely during the early years. To accomplish these goals, contact your vet and consider buying pet insurance for cats so that providing medical care need not be a significant financial challenge. Cheap pet insurance policies cover your kitten for accidents, injuries, and health emergencies, which is why you must contemplate exploring them asap.